THE JUDGE'S BENCH
We are the hometown bar for EVERYONE who enjoys fine beer, fine spirits, good food, and good company.
During the 1840’s in historic Ellicott City, a small stone building located at the corner of the parking lot on Main Street and Ellicott Mills Drive was the original Howard County Court House. This building was destroyed in the 2018 flood. Back then, our building was a small “Mom and Pop” grocery store. Since there was no air conditioning in those days, the hot and exhausted judges would come across the street to enjoy cold beverages while sitting on benches in the shade outside the grocery store. This is how our location became known as “The Judge’s Bench.”